waiting for improvement in Malaysia

last Monday i submitted on tax filing via e-filing (since the government is encouraging us to do e-filing why not support them? someone told me they are concern about the internet safety, whether it is not safe, not convenient and stuff when submitting their tax return via e-filing. but i guess if the system is not good i think the government would not implement it anyway.)I support e-filing cos it's paperless, less error as the tax figures are auto generated and you just need to key in the necessary figures into the relevant column, you can save your return in softcopy, you can recall your acknowledgement when you forget to save it.

As there are some money which i have over paid and refund should be claimed back.
I decided to give myself and IRB a little test.
that is to see how long it would take for the IRB to issue me with a refund confirmation and refund, since a lot of money and promotion was put in by the government with the pledge to the people that they are working towards fast refund being able to process the refund soonest within 14 days.
i do not remember the above 14 days refers to 14 working days or about 2 weeks time. if you can remember there is an advertisement from Pemudah which is the organisation set up by Pak Lah team to improve the government working procedure and working process.
I would like to know how fast the IRB would take action since i submitted my tax return via e-filing.
So i did not write any letter to the IRB.
I just sit and wait.
I guess my account is pretty clean and i think it wont take them very long time to process my refund.

So today i received a letter from the IRB dated 2/4/2009 stating they had processed my refund and i should receive my cheque soon.
wow.. within 10 working days.
should give them credit on the fast action and initiation taken by the IRB.
So now what i have to do is wait for the cheque.
Wish i think would also be send to me by "POST"
Hopefully i can get the cheque by end of the month.
cos my poket kosong-kosong lo... :P

anyway, do you know that you can actually apply for instalment payment (for 3-6 instalment) for the balance of tax payable and IRB will write a letter to your employer requesting them to deduct your salary every month?
i guess it's good, cos like credit card you can apply for easy payment.
you can negotiate with the IRB for the number of payment you wanna make and it would not result to a big hole in your pocket immediately when it comes to tax filing deadline and you can ease your cashflow and help you maintain your budget better.
0 Responses
Related Posts with Thumbnails